School Council and Pupil Voice
What do our pupils say?
- My favourite thing about school,is to learn and work with my friends Emily (Y3)
- I love science. We get to do lots of experiments and investigations. It’s great when we go out to learn. Harry (Y3)
- I’ve gone on lots of cool residential with school, We do loads of different activities such as canoeing, rock climbing, toasting marshmallows and more Grace (Y6)
- My favourite subject is Literacy. My Teachers have helped me to improve my handwriting and spelling. You can see it in my work Isla (Y5)
- All the teachers make Wimboldsley great. They are all kind and supportive. I love coming to school. Jess (Y4)
- My favourite thing about Wimboldsley is that everyone is so kind and there are no bullies. If anything happens the teachers deal with it quickly and fairly. Amelia (Y5)
- Wimboldsley is so great because I can see and work with my friends everyday. We get to work in groups or pairs at times. I love my class. We are all friends. Ethan (Y5)
- All the teachers are really nice. Everyone was so welcoming when I started. The school are helping me to get ready to move into Year 7 Harry (Y6)
- I enjoy coming to school. There are lots of different clubs we can do. I have been to football club, lego club, fencing and athletics. Will (Y4)
- I like to play with my best friends Athena (R)
- Coming to school cheers me up Anya (R)
- I love playing outside Mya (R)
- I like to play with the blocks Toby (R)
- I like the maths, We objects to help us, it is really fun Safi (Y1)
- Golden Time is really fun. I like maths too, I can count to 50 Finn (Y1)
- I love celebration assembly. We get given awards. I have won a people smart. I want to win a gold one. Millie (Y1)
- School makes me happy, I love learning. It is the best place in the world. Cora (Y1)
- I like learning french. I enjoy doing lots of activities to learn the language (Y2)
- I enjoy playing outside. The trim trail is really fun. Jack W (Y2)
- I love doing art. We do lots of painting. I’ve learnt different brush strokes. I have even made a sculpture from clay. Jasmine (Y2)
The School Council
We hold meetings frequently to improve our school and have our say...
We have decided to improve our playground
- We have decided on whole school rules to display
- We want to have a brighter playground
- We have contacted a local company to design with our help the playground rules
-We have to collect ideas for the type of equipment is needed at playtime.
NOW - We have a brighter school playground as the school fence has been painted, the playground rules have been agreed and put on the wall and we have more playground games at lunchtime with Playleaders.
- We have decided to ask the school PTA for some money to fund markings on the playground
- We want to interview the staff members and put the interviews on the school website
- We want to organise the Red Nose Day events
- We want to hold a competition for NOT dropping litter in the playground
NOW - The staff interviews are on our school website, we had a fabulous RED NOSE Day and raised £500 for people less fortunate than ourselves and there is less litter on our school playground.
- We have asked all pupils about changing the names of our classes and will be discussing in future meetings about what they could be.
- We have looked at how to improve our playground so that there are quiet areas for some pupils.
NOW - We have changed the names of our classes to ACORNS, HAZEL, HORSE CHESTNUT, WILLOW AND OAK and we have improved seating areas for outside.
- We were asked by the Head Teacher to help organise a 'healthy and positive mental health week'
- We discussed our ideas and gathered them from the rest of the school
- We looked at what positive mental health was
THE WEEK was a HUGE success and the whole school took part as well as some of our parents. We had Yoga sessions, positive mindfulness sessions, making smoothies and circuit training.
What do our Parents / Carers say?
Thank U Wimboldsley School, for maintaining an Excellent Standard of Practice in Education during this Pandemic. Our little girl has managed to carry on with Education in School, whilst her Mum and Dad are working at the Hospital. We could not do it without u.
'We are so grateful for everything you are doing for our children - we don't know how you do it'
'Amazing school. So glad we picked this school. Help with additional needs is second to none. Thanks Wimboldsley.'
'Well done and a huge thank you for always thinking about the children, you have put a huge smile on everybody's faces.'
'Our little girl loves school and so do we. Thank you for all you do.'
'I am so happy to see him coning home from school every day with a big smile on his face..'
'Wonderful school with a warm family environment. Everybody looks after each other. All teachers are approachable and caring.'
'Can’t say enough how happy I am with Wimboldsley School.'
'Amazing school where children feel safe and constantly striving to achieve every child’s full potential.'
'Great school, I wish mine was as good as this 35 years ago!'
'Very happy, thank you all.'
'We cannot thank school enough for the continued support, dedication and commitment you give to our child.'
'My child absolutely loves this school!'
We responded to your thoughts:
'More opportunities to do a wider range of sporting after school clubs (even if there was a fee to be paid) e.g. football.' After school sports - at least one sports based after school clubs each term, additional in Spring 2018 2 lunchtime sports clubs.
'I agree with some homework, but I feel homework should not be set over school holidays as this is a time for them to relax after a busy term of learning and have a break.' Homework is set so it has a deadline that allows for it to be done before or after school holidays.